Cricket NewsDream11 PredictionSRH vs RR Dream11 Prediction, Qualifier 2, IPL 2024 Match 73: Captain...

SRH vs RR Dream11 Prediction, Qualifier 2, IPL 2024 Match 73: Captain & Vice Captain And Pitch Report

Sunrisers Hyderabad and Rajasthan Royals will fight for a place in the final of IPL 2024 at MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai. Sunrisers are coming into this match for a second chance to get a place in the final after getting defeated by KKR in Qualifier No. 1 of the IPL 2024. On the other hand, Rajasthan is coming into this match after defeating RCB in the eliminator. Considering the result of previous matches, RR will be high on confidence while SRH tries to cheer up their squad and utilize their second chance. During this encounter, both teams will be on the edge of their seats, and not just the teams, but their supporters too. This match will be an interesting contest, and it will be fun to watch who will win today’s IPL match and take a step closer to lifting that prestigious trophy.   

Match Prediction: SRH vs RR Qualifier 2 Match No. 73 IPL 2024 (24 May 2024)

As previously stated, it would be difficult to predict who will win today’s IPL match between SRH and RR. This match will take place at MA Chidambaram, where spinners generally dominate the game and batters struggle to score big runs. Considering this, RR will have a better chance, as they have fierce spin bowling attacks led by spin legends R. Ashwin and Yuzvendra Chahal. However, the Sunrisers also have a decent spin bowling lineup and a swashbuckling batting line-up that can handle spinners. So it could be an evenly contested encounter where anyone could grasp the win. But for that, these teams have to capitalize on the minimal chances given by the opponent. According to the IPL win predictor, SRH will have a slightly better chance of winning this match against RR. The predictor says SRH will have a 52% chance of winning this game, while RR has 48%. 

Also Read: Purple Cap in IPL 2024 || IPL 2024 Orange Cap || IPL 2024 Points Table

SRH vs RR Head-to-Head Record 

The Sunrisers Hyderabad and Rajasthan Royals have faced off in 19 prior encounters; 10 have been won by SRH and 9 by RR. 

Total matches19
SRH Won 10
RR Won9
Draw/NoResult0
Tied0

SRH vs. RR IPL 2024 Qualifier 2 Venue

MA Chidambaram Stadium will host Qualifier No. 2 of the IPL 2024 between RR and RR. This stadium can hold up to 38,000 spectators to its fullest capacity. The longest boundary at this venue is 68 meters long, while the shortest is only 65 meters long. This stadium has two bowling ends: Anna Pavilion End and V. Pattabiraman Gate End.

VenueMA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai
LocationMap Link 
Seating Capacity38,000
Short Boundary Distance65 meters 
Longest Boundary Distance68 meters 
Ends Anna Pavilion End, V Pattabiraman Gate End 
Flood LightsYes

Weather Forecast 

A clear sky and a hot and humid night with a temperature of 32°C, 84% humidity, and 9 km/h are forecast for Chennai on May 23. There will be 1003 millibars of atmospheric pressure. 

Date24 May 2024
Wind Speed9 Km/h
Temperature/Feels like32°C
Humidity79%
Pressure1000 mb
WeatherPartly Cloudy

SRH vs RR: MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai, Pitch Report 

The pitch at Chennai’s MA Chidambaram Stadium is known for being spinner-friendly, and because of the used wickets, the surface there would be ideal for spinners and more difficult for batters. The tired and used wickets generally facilitate the ball’s surface grip on the pitch, giving spinners additional turns from the wicket. But dew is the only factor that can neutralize the spin factor at Chepauk Stadium. The dew in the second inning can make it difficult to grip the ball and make it simple for batters to score, so chasing would be a smart move here. 

Toss Impact 

The outcome of the match at Chennai’s MA Chidambaram Stadium is unaffected by the toss. In the 57 games played here, the team that lost the toss won 26 times, while the team that won the toss 31 times prevailed. Because of this, the scenario at Chepauk Stadium is almost balanced, which lessens the significance of the toss outcome. 

Matches Played 57
Matches Won Winning Toss31
Matches Won Losing Toss26
Matches Without Result 0

SRH Record at MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai

Having won just one of the 10 games that SRH has played at Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai, highlights the struggle of SRH at this venue. They have lost 8 games out of 10 that they have played here. 

Matches Played 10
Won1
Lost8
Tied1

RR Record at MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai

Rajasthan Royals struggles too; at MA Chidambaram Stadium, they have played 9 games here, of which they have won just 2 and lost 7.  

Matches Played 9
Won2
Lost7
Tied0

MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai, IPL Statistics: Average Score, Highest Score, Most Wickets and Most Runs 

From Chennai’s MA Chidambaram Stadium, you can view the following IPL statistics:

Avg First Inning Score163 Runs
Highest Score 246/5 by CSK 
Highest Chase 213/4 by LSG
Highest Score by Individual 127 by Murali Vijay vs RR
Most Wickets in a Match Andre Russell 5/15 vs MI

Sunrisers Hyderabad and Rajasthan Royals Full Squads

From these two teams, the Sunrisers have 25 players in their full-strength squad, while Rajasthan have 22. The following is a list of the players: 

Sunrisers Hyderabad Squad IPL (2024)Rajasthan Royals Squad IPL 2024 
Pat Cummins(c)Sanju Samson  (c)
Abhishek SharmaAbid Mushtaq 
Aiden MarkramRavichandran Ashwin 
Marco JansenAvesh Khan 
Rahul TripathiTrent Boult 
Washington SundarNandre Burger
Glenn Phillips(wk)Jos Buttler 
Sanvir SinghYuzvendra Chahal 
Heinrich KlaasenShubham Dubey
Bhuvneshwar KumarDonovan Ferreira 
Mayank AgarwalShimron Hetmyer
T. NatarajanYashasvi Jaiswal 
Anmolpreet SinghDhruv Jurel 
Mayank MarkandeTom Kohler-Cadmore 
Upendra Singh YadavTanush Kotian 
Umran MalikRiyan Parag 
Nitish Kumar ReddyRovman Powell 
Fazalhaq FarooqiKunal Singh Rathore 
Shahbaz AhmedNavdeep Saini 
Travis HeadSandeep Sharma 
Wanindu HasarangaKuldeep Sen 
Abdul SamadAbid Mushtaq
Jaydev Unadkat_
Akash Singh_
Jhathavedh Subramanyan_

Sunrisers Hyderabad Probable Playing XI Match No. 73 (24 May 2024)

Abhishek Sharma, Travis head, Nitish Kumar Reddy, Heinrich Klaasen (wk), Abdul Samad, Shahbaz Ahmed, Sanvir Singh, Pat Cummins (C), Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Vijayakanth Viyaskanth, T Natarajan.

Rajasthan Royals Probable Playing XI Match No- 73 (24 May 2024)

Yashasvi Jaiswal, Sanju Samson (c & wk), Riyan Parag, Dhruv Jurel, Rovman Powell, Shimron Hetmyer, Ravichandran Ashwin, Trent Boult, Avesh Khan, Yuzvendra Chahal, Sandeep Sharma.

SRH vs RR Dream11 Team Prediction and Fantasy Cricket Players to Pick 

Research is necessary to put together a successful Dream11 squad, but if you don’t have time for that kind of thing, you may put together a winning team quickly with our assistance. The following is the Dream11 lineup for Qualifier No. 2 between SRH and RR: 

SRH vs RR Dream11 Prediction Match No. 73 IPL 2024 (24 May 2024)

SRH vs RR Match No. 73 IPL 2024  Captain and Vice-captain Choices 

CaptainTravis Head, Yashasvi Jaiswal
Vice-CaptainAbhishek Sharma, Sanju Samson

SRH vs RR Dream11 Prediction Team 1 IPL 2024 

Keeper Sanju Samson(vc), Heinrich Klaasen
Batsmen Travis head(c), Yashasvi Jaiswal, Dhruv Jurel
All-rounders Abhishek Sharma, Riyan Parag, Abdul Samad
BowlersPat Cummins,  Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Yuzvendra Chahal

SRH vs RR Dream11 Prediction Team 2 IPL 2024 

Keeper Sanju Samson(vc), Heinrich Klaasen(c)
Batsmen Shimron Hetmyer, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Nitish Kumar Reddy
All-rounders  Abhishek Sharma, Ravichandran Ashwin, Shahbaz Ahmed
BowlersTrent Boult, Avesh Khan, T Natarajan

SRH vs RR Dream11 Prediction IPL Match no. 73 Top 3 Batters 

PlayersTeamMatchesRuns
Riyan Parag RR15567
Travis Head SRH13533
Sanju SamsonRR15521

SRH vs RR Dream11 Prediction Match no. 73 IPL Top 3 Bowlers 

PlayersTeamMatchesWickets
T NatrajanSRH1218
Yuzvendra ChahalRR1418
Pat Cummins SRH1416

Continue reading

India vs Pakistan Head to Head Record in ODI

Ind vs Pak Head to Head in T20I Ind vs Pak Head to Head in ODI Ind vs Pak Head to Head in Test India vs Pakistan Head to Head Record in ODI: The biggest rivals of each other, India and Pakistan,...

Hardik Pandya will captain Team India in the T20I series against Sri Lanka

The three-match T20 series between India and Sri Lanka begins on July 27, and star all-rounder Hardik Pandya is expected to captain the Indian team in this series. Pandya was one of the pillars of India's success in the...

Hardik Pandya or Suryakumar Yadav? Who will replace Rohit Sharma as India’s next T20 captain?

Indian cricket is in trouble just days after T20 World Cup-winning captain Rohit Sharma announced his retirement from the game. Should they put the team's vice-captain, Hardik Pandya, in charge, or the premier batter Suryakumar Yadav? The decision must...

Enjoy exclusive access to all of our content

Get an online subscription and you can unlock any article you come across.