Cricket NewsDream11 PredictionSA vs AFG T20 World Cup 2024 Dream11 Prediction Today Match Semi-final...

SA vs AFG T20 World Cup 2024 Dream11 Prediction Today Match Semi-final 1: Captain & Vice Captain and Pitch Report

SA vs AFG T20 World Cup 2024 Dream11 Prediction Today Match: South Africa and Afghanistan will be playing Semi Final 1 of the T20 World Cup 2024 at Brian Lara Cricket Academy in Tarouba. This semi-final is a chance for both South Africa and Afghanistan to reach the first-ever T20 World Cup final in their history. Though Afghanistan is playing its first-ever semifinal as well, on the other hand, South Africa has reached the semifinals of the T20 World Cup two times prior to this one, in 2009 and 2014.

This match will take place at Brian Lara Cricket Stadium, where bowlers have dominated the matches played in this World Cup. Considering this, Afghanistan might have some worry because their batting has not complemented their excellent bowling display in this tournament so far. On the other side, South Africa is also struggling with the same problem, although their batters have shown some form in the last two matches. Given this fact, this match could be decided by the bowlers. 

Probable Playing XI Afghanistan

Rahmanullah Gurbaz(wk), Ibrahim Zadran, Gulbadin Naib, Azmatullah Omarzai, Mohammad Nabi, Najibullah Zadran, Karim Janat, Rashid Khan(c), Noor Ahmad, Naveen-ul-Haq, Fazalhaq Farooqi

Probable Playing XI South Africa 

Quinton de Kock(wk), Reeza Hendricks, Aiden Markram(c), Heinrich Klaasen, David Miller, Tristan Stubbs, Marco Jansen, Keshav Maharaj, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, Ottneil Baartman

SA vs AFG T20 World Cup 2024 Dream11 Prediction Today Match Semi-final 1 and Fantasy Cricket Players to Pick 

Before putting together a Dream11 squad, you should perform research; however, if you are pressed for time, we can assist you in rapidly constructing a competitive team. Our Dream 11 team for the SA vs AFG match is as follows: 

SA vs AFG T20 World Cup 2024 Dream11 Prediction Semi-final 1 Captain and Vice-captain Choices 

CaptainQuinton de Kock
Vice-CaptainRashid Khan

SA vs AFG T20 World Cup 2024 Dream11 Prediction Fantasy Team 

Keeper Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Quinton de Kock(c)
Batsmen Reeza Hendricks, Gulbadin Naib,  Aiden Markram
All-rounders Mohammad Nabi, David Miller
BowlersRashid Khan(vc), Naveen-ul-Haq, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje

SA vs AFG Head-to-Head Record in T20Is 

South Africa and Afghanistan have played with each other just two times in T20Is, and the Proteas emerged victorious on both occasions. 

Total matches2
Afghanistan Won 0
South Africa won2
Draw/NoResult0
Tied0

Match Prediction: SA vs AFG T20 World Cup 2024 Semi-final 1

South Africa and Afghanistan have played with each other in T20 two times before this game, and South Africa won both of those matches. So, if you go with head-to-head encounter history, South Africa has the upper hand, and quality-wise, South Africa is a superior side too. However, Afghanistan has come this far in the tournament by defeating all the odds; therefore, writing off this Afghan team would not be a wise decision.

This match will take place at the Brian Lara Cricket Stadium, where bowlers have dominated in all the World Cup games played here so far, and Afghanistan is a strong bowling unit. Given this fact, this match would be a thrilling encounter where the result could go either way. According to the Google Win predictor, South Africa has a 72% chance of winning this match; on the other hand, Afghanistan has a 28% chance of winning this match and qualifying for the final. 

Also Read: IND vs ENG Dream11 Prediction Semi-final 2

SA vs AFG Pitch Report: T20 World Cup 2024 Semi-final 1 

The pitch at Brian Lara Cricket Academy is renowned for being a balanced wicket for cricket and providing opportunities for both bowlers and batters. Its hard, bouncy surface makes it easier for the ball to come to the bat and facilitates strokeplay for batters. On the other hand, the pitch at this stadium does provide some help to the spinners in the later stages of the game. Even though the surface is known for being batting-friendly, bowlers can still find opportunities on it, particularly as the game goes on. 

Also Read: T20 World Cup 2024 Points Table || Most wickets in T20 World Cup 2024

SA vs AFG T20 World Cup 2024 Semi-final 1 Venue

For cricket lovers, the Brian Lara Cricket Academy opened its doors in 2007. The stadium is located in Tarouba, Trinidad and Tobago, and has space for 15,000 spectators. This venue has the north end and the south end as bowling ends. At this stadium, the longest boundary measures roughly 70 to 72 meters, while the smallest one measures approximately 60 to 63 meters.  

VenueBrian Lara Cricket Academy
LocationMap Link
Seating Capacity15,000
Short Boundary Distance60 meters 
Longest Boundary Distance72 meters 
Ends South End, North End
Flood LightsYes

Brian Lara Cricket Academy, Tarouba, Trinidad & Tobago, Statistics: Average Score, Highest Score, Most Wickets, and Most Runs 

The following data is from Tarouba, Trinidad & Tobago’s Brian Lara Cricket Academy:

Avg First Inning Score138 Runs
Highest Score 267/3 by England vs West Indies 
Highest Chase 133/6 by West Indies vs England 
Highest Score by Individual 119 Phil Salt for England vs West Indies 
Most Wickets in a Match 4/19 Alzarri Joseph  for West Indies vs New Zealand 

Afghanistan and South Africa Full Squads

Both Afghanistan and South Africa have fifteen players in their full-strength squads. The following is a list of the players:

Afghanistan SquadSouth Africa Squad
Azmatullah OmarzaiAiden Markram (c)
Fareed Ahmad MalikAnrich Nortje
Fazalhaq FarooqiBjorn Fortuin
Gulbadin NaibDavid Miller
Ibrahim ZadranGerald Coetzee
Karim JanatHeinrich Klaasen
Mohammad IshaqKagiso Rabada
Mohammad NabiKeshav Maharaj
Mujeeb Ur RahmanMarco Jansen
Najibullah ZadranOttniel Baartman
Nangyal KharotiQuinton de Kock
Naveen-ul-HaqReeza Hendricks
Noor AhmadRyan Rickelton
Rahmanullah Gurbaz (wk)Tabraiz Shamsi
Rashid Khan (C)Tristan Stubbs

Continue reading

India vs Pakistan Head to Head Record in ODI

Ind vs Pak Head to Head in T20I Ind vs Pak Head to Head in ODI Ind vs Pak Head to Head in Test India vs Pakistan Head to Head Record in ODI: The biggest rivals of each other, India and Pakistan,...

Hardik Pandya will captain Team India in the T20I series against Sri Lanka

The three-match T20 series between India and Sri Lanka begins on July 27, and star all-rounder Hardik Pandya is expected to captain the Indian team in this series. Pandya was one of the pillars of India's success in the...

Hardik Pandya or Suryakumar Yadav? Who will replace Rohit Sharma as India’s next T20 captain?

Indian cricket is in trouble just days after T20 World Cup-winning captain Rohit Sharma announced his retirement from the game. Should they put the team's vice-captain, Hardik Pandya, in charge, or the premier batter Suryakumar Yadav? The decision must...

Enjoy exclusive access to all of our content

Get an online subscription and you can unlock any article you come across.